CALL OUT FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Nexus Arts is thrilled to announce the unique new music residency project Cultivator.
A first in SA, Cultivator will provide a funded residency opportunity to a South Australian based artist or collective to produce a music-led performance work.
The selected artist/s will be given access to Nexus spaces, creative and technical consultation and support, mentorship support from a chosen established artist, a public developmental showing, a performance at Nexus Arts in 2021, and a $5,000 creative development fee.
Artists who are interested in developing a music-led performance piece engaging with the notion of interculturalism will be invited to express their interest. Nexus encourages a broad interpretation of the concept of interculturalism, embracing intersectionality and discussions of cultural junctions. Nexus Arts is fully accessible and we welcome interest from all artists from across our South Australian sector.
Please feel welcome to contact Nexus’ Artistic Director, Emily Tulloch to discuss your project.
Details of the submission process can be found below. Expressions of interest close on 22 March 2021 and can be submitted via email to [email protected] or in person if preferred. Please contact us to discuss any accessibility requirements.
Nexus Arts’ Cultivator
A residency for music-led performance work
Please submit the following via email, or contact us to arrange an in-person submission:
- A description of your proposed project (one page maximum), explaining how it addresses the concept of interculturalism
- The names of all project artists, and a web link or artist biography for each
- Samples of your work (maximum 3). These can be URLs, sound or video files, or documents. Please contact us for any questions regarding delivery.
All South Australian-based artists are welcome to express their interest in this opportunity. It will, however, be of most use to artists based in the Adelaide metropolitan area, as our Venue is located in the Adelaide CBD.
Artists must be proposing a music-led performance work. Collaborations are encouraged, but solo works are absolutely valid.
Nexus Arts staff will assess all submissions against the following criteria:
- Artistic merit, integrity, and experimentation.
- Addressing of the notion of interculturalism, in a broad interpretation of the term.
- Contribution to the sector (new knowledge, risk taking, and potential longevity)
Applicants will be notified 2 weeks from the application closing date, and the residency will begin in April 2021.
This initiative is supported by Arts South Australia’s Recovery Fund.