The Nexus Studio Residency is an exciting opportunity for emerging contemporary artists from a culturally diverse background, or whose work explores culture and/or cultural diversity. The residency will offer one artist a studio located in the Adelaide CBD for 3 months, coupled with a solo exhibition in the Nexus Gallery at the completion of the residency during the Adelaide Fringe and during the SALA festival. No other studio space in South Australia is dedicated to the development of emerging contemporary artists from culturally diverse backgrounds, or artists who explore cultural diversity through their practice.
All artists must contact Nexus Arts (email@example.com or 82124276) prior submitting an application. Currently the residency program is fully booked until 2018.
Emerging artists are required to submit a studio application form. (Available in the sidebar of this page)
The selected artist will:
- Work in contemporary arts practice
- Be from a culturally or linguistically diverse background or create work that explores cultural diversity through direct engagement or research.
- Commit to utilising the studio space on a regular basis (minimum 10 hours per week)
- Provide 2 references
- Studio dimensions: approx. 6m x 4m (24m2)
- 24-hour access to a safe working environment (some restrictions apply)
- Secure alarmed premises
- Lockable space
- Access to amenities such as toilets, kitchen, meeting and eating areas
- Access to internet, photocopying, printing and fax facilities
- Support from staff in accessing funding opportunities
- Artists details on the Nexus website
- An address for contact by prospective curators, buyers and funders
- Exposure through working in a prominent CBD location
- Month long solo exhibition in the Nexus Gallery, Lion Arts Centre
- Promotional material includes: Catalogue, postcards and vimeo promotional video
- Opening Night